Success with info product creation is really not that hard if you follow a system. Here are six steps to help guide you through the process of creating an information product that people will want to buy…
Go to niche related forums, Facebook groups, and blogs (check the comment sections of articles).
See what people are talking about in your niche.
What kinds of questions are they asking?
What kinds of problems are they having?
Write these down and come up with 10 ideas for info products.
Go to WarriorPlus, JVZOO, and Clickbank and look for information products that are similar to the ideas you just came up with.
How are they selling?
You are looking for proof that this idea will sell. If it has worked before it can work again.
This is risk management. You don’t want to spend time creating something that will not sell, so we do our research first and make sure there is a market for it, and it has seen success before.
Now pick your best idea that shows the most promise and map out a product around that idea.
You need to come up with a name for this product. Make it sound cool.
This product can be a written special report in the form of a PDF file or it can be a simple video presentation.
Either way it needs a few things:
- Introduction – Introduce yourself and tell a little about you
- Overview – Speak about the course and what you are going to be going over
- Main Training (modules or steps) – This is where you put that step-by-step actionable content
- Wrapping Up – This is where you conclude the course and summarize it.
- Also, be sure to give them a way to contact you in case they have any questions.
- Recommended Resources – This is where you can put links to other resources that might help them. It’s an excellent place to pitch your blog, other courses, or your social media profiles.
Now that we have out actual course done, we need to package it.
The first part of that is creating a cover. If you don’t know how to create a cover for your product, it’s not a bad idea to go over to Fiverr and just have someone do it for you. Make sure it looks cool.
Okay, now we have a product and a cover. The next part of packaging is creating a download page.
This is the page where people are going to be sent when they buy your product.
Make sure the download page has the following:
- “Thanks for investing in this product” Headline
- Introduction Video or message telling them thank you and any instructions about navigating the download page.
- Main training (in the form of videos or PDF download)
- Bonus Section – where you can give them a couple of extra pieces of content
- Recommended Resources section – where you can put links to other resources, again a great place to pitch your other paid products, affiliate products, blog posts, and social media profiles.
Once you have that download page done we need to create a sales page.
The easiest way to do that when you are not a professional copywriter and don’t have money to hire one is to do this:
Go find 5 sales pages that resonate with you. Things that you have purchased recently, or things that are doing very well right now and you resonate with.
Model your sales page after the elements in these sales pages.
There are no real rules to writing good sales copy or creating good sales pages. The only rule is a question.
That question is simple: Is it effective?
So model your sales page after successful pages that have gone before you. And you will put yourself in a great place to succeed.
You’re Now Ready:
Now it’s time to choose your sales platform.
The final step in the info product creation process is to get your product listed on a platform that will automate the sales process for you.
I like to use WarriorPlus personally, but you can also use JVZoo, ClickBank, or countless others out there.
These platforms will make it easy to add a buy button to your sales page and also put you in a network where potential affiliates will see your offer to promote it.
Okay that’s enough for today. Next I am going to be reviewing the ever important job of how to release information products that sell.
The way you release this thing will be a big factor in determining how much money you are going to make. So stay tuned and I’ll see you in the next one…
If you’re ready to get started with creating your own information product then check out The Easy $497 Product Creation Blueprint. It reveals a simple way you can leverage other peoples content (so you don’t have to write it!) and turn it into your own high-ticket product.